WE TRAIN FOR THE WORST. WE TRAIN VS. INCOMING ROUNDS.
We offer three types of courses:
1. Perpetrator Scenario Training: this is high stress inoculation training vs. the Perpetrator Target System. This is to simulate a combat shootout where you engage the shooting and moving Perpetrator with live ammunition.
- Less instructional and more experienced based course
- The Perpetrator reveals a shooter’s poor lateral movement
- The Perpetrator reveals a shooter’s body exposure from cover
2. Instructional Training: Baseline instruction is conducted traditionally with conventional steel and paper targets. Paper targets for extreme close quarters under 5 feet. Our instruction is to prepare students to handle shoot back scenarios, shooting live ammunition.
- Intermediate level skills tests against conventional targets
- Advanced level skills tests VS. the Perpetrator
- A shooter’s skills are tested via:
- Shot placement on target
- Time standards measured on a shot timer
- Quantity of training projectiles (deductions) landed upon shooter
3. Simulated Weapon Training: A low-stress environment using training weapons in a non-range environment is ideal for practicing new new skills.
- Most Traditional shooters need help moving off the line
- Tradition shooting platforms and footwork must change vs. incoming rounds
- Ambidextrous shooting behind cover stressed to minimize exposure
- Gunfight tactics/skills can also be repetitiously drilled in this instructional format:
-Lateral movement off the line of fire
-Tueller Drill (knife vs. gun from holster)
Perpetrator Scenario Training Range Procedures:
- Trainees fire live ammunition wearing certified headgear
- OUF Range Instructor operates Perpetrator via PC joystick
- Perpetrator Camera shows live video that is recorded for tactical review
- After action video review provided to each trainee/small unit
Officer Under Fire® scenarios include:
Individual or Small Unit Tactics, Cover, No Cover, Shield Training, Shotgun, Long gun, multiple Perpetrator’s and decision based training. Your options are limitless!
Above left: Lateral Cover Scenario which the trainee must move laterally while engaging the Perpetrator. Effective lateral movement while shooting accurately is undergone while in the face of live training rounds during this live fire engagement.
Above Right: Narrow Cover Scenario shows what the Perpetrator Camera sees. This scenario forces the trainee to become narrow in order to conform to cover while firing accurately in the Perpetrator.